- Catherine D’Ignazio and Lauren Klein. “Chapter 5: The Numbers Don’t Speak for Themselves” Data Feminism MIT Press [with permission from authors]
- Hadley Wickham. “Tidy Data” Journal of Statistical Software. Volume VV. Issue ii. [PDF in Commons].
- Gentzkow, Kelly, and Taddy “Text as Data” Journal of Economic Literature 2019, 57(3), 535-574.
- Leus, Koen. “feminist data studies: using digital methods for ethical, reflexive and situated socio-cultural research.” feminist review. (115) 2017. pages 130-154. [PDF in Commons]
- Rob Kitchin. ” Conceptualizing Data” from The Data Revolution. London: Sage Publishing, 2014. [PDF in Commons, for students who do not need to complete the Introduction to Python for Data Science, Introduction to Anaconda, or Introduction to working from the Shell lessons.]
- DataCamp Activities:
- Introduction to working from the shell
- Introduction to Anaconda (short lesson)
- Intro to Python for Data Science course
- Importing Data for Python course